<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6325373\x26blogName\x3d*~Dreamers+Like+Me~*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://dreamerslikeme.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dreamerslikeme.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3172628794717080644', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, November 29, 2004

Just 5 more minutes

I don't know about anyone else, but I could have used another day or two, or ten of vacation. While we got a lot accomplished during the time we had, I was just learning the joy of laying on the couch when the house has already been cleaned, Christmas tree and decorations put up, a couple scrapbooking pages done, and only two more people to buy gifts for. And once that next check comes in, Christmas shopping will be done. DONE!. And only a couple days into December. I feel like a Martha Stwart in training, without all the legal issues and what not.

On Thanksgiving we went down to Detroit for the parade. It was the first time we have gone and it was beautiful. Cold. But beautiful. The celebrities this year were Ashlee Simpson and Nick Cannon. We weren't impressed but the young kids around us sure had some high pitched screams for them. Then, we headed North to the grandparents' house for a wonderful dinner, we made it just as the family was serving themselves. Good thing, because my mom would have had our heads if we were late.

Friday we got up at 3:45am and traveled an hour to Traverse City to hit the Mall. In line by 5:30am at Best Buy and the line was wrapped around the building. It was freezing, there were crazy people, and by the time we got into the building, people were grabbing everything and putting it in their carts, even if they didn't want it. What a madhouse. My mom didn't get the item she was looking for, but I snagged a digital camcorder for Aaron and I for $200. Nice.

Speaking of Christmas presents, I got to open one of mine from Aaron early because we only had 14 days to discover manufacturer's defects and exchange it. (Thank you Best Buy, I wish you weren't the only decent priced place around) He got me a Nikon 55 SLR camera. I know, everything is digital now and it's not my dream Nikon D70, but hey, with a budget like ours, you have to cut some corners right? Anyways, there are so many features I don't know how to do them all, but I'm practicing and once I get some decent ones, I'll post a couple for review.

Ok, I guess it's time to get back to the daily grind.

Happy Monday!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Jenniy said…

    Yay, a new camera! I've read the D70 manual SO many times now and still can't figure much out! Enjoy it and definitely post pics when you take some :)

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Shannin said…

    I have two wonderful non-digital cameras that take great photos. Even if I get my dream camera (also the D70), I won't give up my SLRs. Talk about old school....

    Now that you're done getting your house ready for Christmas, wanna come to Minneapolis and do mine??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home